fonts

MS....REALLY??????? WTF

funny articles and ms updates

Saturday, March 20, 2010

When I was your age we had books....

As I was packing my office I put away every book neatly in the box, and I realized suddenly that each one has a story. I know, books are all stories, but each on has it's own story of times in my life.

The first book I ever read was Flowers In the Attic when I was 13. It was a story of three children locked in the attice of their Grandmother's mansion by their Mother. I cant believe that was almost thirty years ago.

As each book left the shelf, I cherished and felt every emotion I was feeling in thtat particular time in my life. By their mere existance they actually tell my story. I remembered where I was when I read Clan of the Cave Bear. I remember crying on a flight home from Detroit while reading the Frank Sinatra story written by his daughter. Even the stewardess asked if I was ok I was crying so hard, and I still wonder why that particular book hit me so hard. I was in a hotel in Florida when I was touched so deeply by The Lovely Bones, it so beautifully described Heaven that I was sure I could see what my heaven would look like.

When I reached for 90 Minutes In Heaven it took me right back to the hospital where I watched one of my truest friends pass away from lung cancer. I felt the pain all over again, remembering that I had just been with him swinging on a hammock three days prior.

As the fatigue starts to take over, as it always does, I put the last book I read in that giant box of stories, My First Year with MS.

Im still going to be an avid reader, I got that from my Mother, and now I'm going to recognize in every book, there's a story.

Cut to Me:  I've collected books all my life, only buying hardbacks, hoping to fill a library. And then I realized, are books going away too? Will there be a time very soon that curling up with a good book is a thing of the past? I don't want to read a book on a computer.......I want to feel the weight of it in my lap, I want to pick something wierd as my book mark, but most of all, I want to feel my hand turn each page in anticipation of what the next page will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment