fonts

MS....REALLY??????? WTF

funny articles and ms updates

Sunday, February 14, 2010

WHERE'S MY FREGGIN AFRO????

Now I know I'm not the only one that got mezmerized by Bobb Ross the white guy with the afro:"

And that makes it look like birch trees, isn’t that sneaky? Heh. Ha. It’s gorgeous. "

or

"We want happy paintings. Happy paintings. If you want sad things, watch the news. "

He made it look soooooo easy, so in accepting my MS and how quickly stress can throw me into a tailspin, I thought, "Hey, he looks really peaceful......that's what I need to do.....OIL PAINT!!!!" So I made my daily outing to Hobby Lobby and collected everything I needed to find another fabulous character trait I simply have not tapped into.

One hundred dollars later and hours of trying to get the look I wanted, I say "Fuck You Bobb Ross", oil paints are for white nerds with afros!!!!

My violent outburst made me realized that oil painting, for me anyway, was full of anger and frustration!!!!!!!!!.................. But most importantly, I was far from freggin peaceful! But, not to be outdone by a bunch of little tubes and brushes, I marched right down to Hobby Lobby, and quietly spend over one hundred dollars on acrylic paints!

So now I'm working with a material that is not smarter that me ....like those snobby fukin oils....and I saved money....SO THERE!!.

Anyway, two weeks, five trips to the Lobby later, and I've almost finished my first painting (I don't think I should have to pay for the first five canvases I trashed, it was the oils who decided to be divas and not work with me).

So I'm finally feeling Bob Rossish and I gotta tell you, it feels good to use my creative side again. And quite honestly if I keep up with the fuck ups, I will be forced to get out of this house......if only to return to Hobby Lobby!

Cut to me; finger on chin looking up as if in wonderment... "If it takes a big man to cry, does that mean it takes and even bigger man to publicly laugh at the crying man?""
Jack Handy - SNL"

No comments:

Post a Comment